Summer Fun

Summer Fun

Monday, April 11, 2011

Two for One


I LOVE recipes that allow me to make more than one thing at a time out of one bowl!  I make homemade rolls for Sunday lunches.  We have two choices for church so we go to the early one.  This gives me enough time to fix the extras to go with lunch.  Well I've discovered that I can double the roll recipe and make pull apart bread.  





Rolls
2-2 1/2 cups flour                                     
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. yeast
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp. Margarine

Mix 3/4 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt in large bowl.  Heat milk, water and margarine until it reaches 120 to 130 degrees.  Not boiling or you'll kill your yeast.  I heat it for about 90 seconds in the microwave.  Add to bowl and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.  Add 1/4 cup flour.  Beat 2 minutes on high.  By the way you need a bread paddle, this will do a number on a regular mixer, I might have learned that the hard way ;-).  You must beat each for 2 minutes to activate the yeast.  Stir in the rest of the flour until it makes a stiff dough.  Knead 2-3 minutes.  Place in a greased bowl and let rise 20 minutes.  Divide dough into 12 pieces and shape into balls.  Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.  Let rise 15 minutes.  Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.



Now if you need a dessert, and who doesn't need a dessert...double the above recipe.


Spray your Wilton Nonstick Fluted Tube Pan.  Form the left over dough into balls.  Place around the bottom of the bundt pan.  Just place them in until the bottom is covered.  I don't make them all the same size I just kind of make balls and place them in the bottom of the pan until I get the bottom covered.  Sprinkle with about 1/3 cup of sugar,  sprinkle with cinnamon and chopped pecans.  Slice a 1/2 of a stick of butter into thin pads and place over the balls.  Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.  Let cool for about 10 minutes then dump onto a platter and serve. 


Careful this is sticky yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment