Summer Fun

Summer Fun

Friday, April 15, 2011

Birds Nest


OH SO EASY!


These little birds nest are just so fun and yummy.  Such a cute little Easter treat my mom started these when I was a kid, she used a little different recipe than I do.  She used cornflakes where I use rice noodles, I like the look of the rice noodles and they taste just the same. 


What you need.


And that is it.  Really that is it.


12 oz of Rice Noodles
12 oz of Butterscotch chips
and Mini eggs...I use whoppers they are just what I like but really any tiny candy egg will work


Pour your chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds.  Remove and stir, repeat until the chips are melted.  Butterscotch chips do not melt the same way chocolate does, they are thick and gooey.  Pour in the rice noodles and carefully stir until they are mixed.  Fill 1/4 cup with the mixture and dump on a sheet of wax paper.  It gets a little messy because you have to form the nest part with your fingers just kind of press a small indentation in the middle on the top and add your candy eggs.  Let stand for about 15 minutes before you serve.

This recipe makes about 24 nest.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment