Summer Fun

Summer Fun

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Winter Break

Hello all.  It is winter break for us up here New England. Winter break what a crazy thing to have. I'm guessing all the teachers scramble to Florida for the week. You see I'm from Texas there is no such thing as winter break. After all didn't we just have Christmas break, and to top everything off we have to make up snow days here??? And we still have spring break coming up. So we could just skip this break and it would be just fine with me. Not that I don't enjoy spending time with my kiddos but when it is too cold to stay outside for very long at a time and the hubby is still having to go to work.....cabin fever starts to sit in. It doesn't help that I caught the baby girl's crud and spent yesterday shivering then burning up then shivering some more. Then off to the doctor today for a shot to hopefully put an end to this mess. So baking this week has been slim. But I did manage a Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake and some Banana Nut Chocolate Chip cookies before I caught this crud. And let me tell you I'm thinking about making the Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake again. Soon. Real soon. Like maybe tomorrow soon. It was sooooo good. What's that you want the recipe for this oh so yummy hot fudge cake? Well keep reading it follows.

Pre-heat oven to 350

Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake
1 cup flour
3/4 cup of sugar
2 Tbsp. Cocoa
2 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 milk
2 Tbsp. Butter or margarine, melted
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup of nuts chopped (I used pecans)

Mix all the ingredients and poor into a buttered casserole dish. Yes a casserole dish. I never said this was a pretty cake, I said it is OH SO YUMMY. Now this is going to sound strange but just go with it. I wish I had taken a picture of this part but I forgot. New to this blogging, needing pictures as I go thing.  It is going to look like you have royally screwed up but trust me.

Mix 3 Tbsp. Cocoa, 1/2 cup of sugar and sprinkle over the cake. Now pour 1 cup of HOT water over the entire cake.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

See NOT a pretty cake!


          But this cake has an amazing hot fudge sauce in the center and is best served a little warm.  :-)

                
So you may want to dress it up a little when you serve it.  A little hot fudge sauce drizzled over the plate with the cake on top sprinkled with a little powdered sugar.  This is one of those you want to lick the plate to make sure you got it all cakes :-)

I really hope you try this one it is super fast and easy.  I'll go into the Banana Nut Chocolate Chip cookies next time.

1 comment:

  1. Yum Rhonda!!! This looks like it would be similar to the Lava Cakes Dominoes sells but much bigger! I will have to give this one a try, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete