Summer Fun

Summer Fun

Monday, February 28, 2011

Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies

Finally everyone in the house is starting to feel better.  This cold, wet, white stuff here in New England is just not agreeing with all of us after spending so long in the Mojave Desert.  I am looking forward to spring and summer!  It can't get here fast enough.  The sun and sand and average 68 degree winter temps of the desert spoiled me.  And I can't wait to be able to take the kids to the beach here.  I am looking forward to being able to plant my own garden this year and it not die from the scorching sun and heat.  I've been researching what to plant and when.  SO EXCITED!  We've even purchased our seeds already. 

Wouldn't it be great if we could plant a chocolate chip tree?  I use so many chocolate chips.

This past week I made Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies.  And yum they were good.  Well the kids thought so anyway, they ate 4 1/2 dozen.  I love my momma's banana nut bread and chocolate chips cookies so I tried to combine them and it worked pretty well.  These are easy to mix and quick to bake.

Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 Cup Margarine
1 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 bananas, mashed
2 1/4 Cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of chopped pecans

In a large bowl mix margarine, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and bananas until creamy.  In another bowl mix flour, baking powder and baking soda.  Mix the dry ingredients into the margarine mixture.  Stir in the chips and pecans.  Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden.  Remove to a wire rack.  Makes 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 dozen.

To drop the cookies I use a tablespoon sized ice cream scoop. 




Wet ingredients in large bowl, dry in the smaller one.


All mixed up and ready to bake.


Fresh out of the oven.


Ready for a glass of milk.  These are a soft chewy cookies.  And taste amazing warm.

Anyway, hope you enjoy these.  My kids sure did.  Until next time happy baking.

1 comment:

  1. 4 1/2 dozen and not one managed to make it to school with your husband? For shame......

    Was nice meeting you today. I have enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete